Sunday

I LOVE Birthdays!

This weekend my family had a mass birthday party. My daughter, my brother, my sister in law, and myself all have birthdays within just a few weeks of each other so to simplify it all we just have one big family party. It's great for now, I'll let you know how that all goes over once my kids are old enough to actually want a party of their own:) For now I'm going to show you what I made for my sister in law. 

Since I was giving this to someone I used primer and I sanded my cabinet door down just a little. Normally I am too lazy to do something like this for myself. 


After the primer dried I filled in the cracks with joint compound just to give it a more finished look. As you can see this little project began running into lunch time:)  

After all of the compound is dry I gave it a couple coats of paint. I love wet paint, don't you!

I made vinyl letters and decals using my Cricut. 

I mixed just a little bit of brown acrylic paint and some clear glaze.

This is what it looked like after I brushed it on.

Then, I used an old shirt to white off any extras. It came off so well that I even dry brushed a little of the glaze on to keep it from looking so new.

After all was said and done I sprayed it with a flat coat of sealant and it's done!  
The total cost for this project wasn't much. Just the cost for the cabinet door, which I got at Habitat for Humanity. Everything else I had on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment