Wednesday

Dresser-scape

Everyone always has these beautiful mantles that they dress up and make over all the time and I love drooling over looking at them. What a great way to have a little statement area that can be changed up quick and cheap. Even though I live in Alaska and we only have the 2 seasons (A Winter Season and a Road Construction Season) I do not have a fire place and thus, no mantle. *sniffle, sniffle* I also do not have a wall to make a faux mantle so instead I use my dresser. As a reminder this is what it looked like before:

Tutorial on how I made the family tree out of toilet paper rolls  here.
I know on a few sites that shared this some of the comments were about the statement that the Parents magazine on one side and the wine on the other made. Sorry to disappoint but I don't drink. 
At all.  
The bottles in the wine rack are sparling cider and some MonaVie :) 

Now that that's all cleared up...
Here it is now:


I'm loving the clean look of it.

I distressed the dresser a little and I really like how it is bringing out those pretty lines but, I'll give you more on that when I finish.

I left the TP art up for now since i haven't found anything I like better to replace it.  


I bought a $4.99 bunch of fresh flowers and put it in one of those as-seen-on-tv pasta cookers someone gave me. If you're looking for a review I'd say that it makes a great vase....


These beauties came from a friend in exchange for  my talents to help make her a sign. I'll share that with you as soon as we get started :S Can you believe she made these little guys? Awesome! And as it that wasn't enough, she had already spray painted them oil rubbed bronze. PERFECTION!!!! 


I gave into myself and used one of my Scentsy warmers that I was going to sell. Isn't it so sweet?


A few weeks back I had myself an Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Painting Party and my wine rack was one of the things that got sprayed. 



And there you have it. Total cost was $4.99 for the flowers! Sometimes you just have to splurge a little. 


Update:

This is what I came up with to put in the cloches. I found the shells around the house.
What do you think?
It doesn't scream "THIS ALASKAN WANTS A NICE WARM BEACH!!!!!" too much? 


And a nice over all shot.



Opinions please.

Linking to:





1 comment: